The following policies have been established to ensure that our patient care meets the highest of standards. We understand and appreciate the value of time therefore, to demonstrate respect for each client and concern for each patient, we ask that you read and follow the guidelines below to ensure that your visit at Rathdrum Animal Clinic exceeds your expectations.
We ask that you arrive 5-10 mins prior to your appointment time for contact information and patient updates to be made as needed so your appointment can start as scheduled.
New patients or updated records from previous veterinarians need to be received at least 5 days PRIOR to the appointment.
When calling to make an appointment for your pet(s), please notify the receptionist of all the concerns that you are requesting the veterinarian to address. This will allow us to better estimate the amount of time for which to schedule your pet(s).
If you are going to arrive more than 5 minutes late, please call as possible to notify us and to see if we might need to reschedule.
For all prescription refills called or faxed in, please allow 24 hours for them to be filled.
To meet state regulations, all “Controlled Substances” will require a copy of your current Driver’s License and a documented signature. Expired identification will not be accepted.
- Any prescription medication that has been purchased and has left the building cannot be returned.
- Any retail item that has been purchased but has not been opened or used may be returned and a credit may be applied to your account. (Some exclusions apply.)
- Unfortunately, due to state restrictions, we are not allowed to accept donated medications. These need to be disposed of properly, according to state guidelines.
There is a $10.00 fee for written prescriptions to be faxed, emailed or picked up by the client.
All fees for treatments, services, and products are due at the time of service or sale. No payment arrangements are offered.
Deposits are being required for all new clients of an amount equal to the cost of the exam being requested and are non-refundable.
We accept the following payment types:
- Cash, Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Care Credit (For further information, ask one of our receptionists.)
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday:
*Closed Daily for lunch from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Preferred Methods of Contact
Call or text: (208) 687-2200
Please allow up to 4 hours for a text response. If you have a pet emergency contact us by phone.