March 25, 2020
Concerns over COVID-19 continue to impact our lives. As many of you know, Governor Little issued a 21-day stay-at-home order that affects many in our state. The management and staff at Rathdrum Animal Clinic are determined to balance the heathcare of our patients, the well-being of our clients and community, and the protection of our staff. The following changes are being implemented with these aspects being taken into consideration:
We will be limiting access to our lobby in order to reduce the risk of exposure.
This majority of examinations will need to be completed without owners present.
We strongly suggest that for each appointment, clients fill out the Patient Medical History form found on our homepage. This will allow us to collect as much of your pet’s relevant history prior to the scheduled appointment.
When you arrive, we ask that you call us from the parking lot to notify us of your arrival. One of our highly-trained veterinary technicians and assistants will meet you in the vestibule. Cats must be in carriers and dogs must be on leashes.
Technicians and assistants will gather additional information as needed before taking the pet to our treatment area. Once the examination and treatment have been completed, the technician/assistant will bring your pet back to you.
Payment for our services can be completed via phone or using our portable credit card processing machines. If you would like to pay cash, please inform us when you check in.
For Prescriptions & Food Pick-Ups
When you arrive at Rathdrum Animal Clinic, please call and notify us. We will bring the medication and/or food out to you and handle payment at that time.
We will not be scheduling any new elective surgical procedures and wellness services until after May 4th. Existing scheduled surgical procedures and wellness services will be kept.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We can assure you that your pet will receive the same, exceptional care despite these temporary changes.
March 24, 2020
The management and staff at Rathdrum Animal Clinic continue to operate and are determined to provide the same exceptional care to our patients. However, due to increased concerns over the COVID-19 virus, we will be making a few temporary modifications to our practice policies.
- We will be closing at 6:00 PM on Mondays & Tuesdays.
- At this time, we will no longer be accepting new clients. We understand the importance of finding the right veterinarian and developing the human-animal bond that will best fit you and your needs. It is for this reason that we must prioritize our existing clientele and patients. We will be sure to notify you when this policy changes.
- We will only be allowing one client in exam rooms while the pet is being examined in order to adhere to social distancing mandates. This is for your safety, as well as our own.
- Additionally, no more than 10 people will be allowed in the lobby at one time. Again, this is done for your safety, as well as our own.
- We will be postponing wellness services (wellness exams, vaccinations, nail trims, etc.) for adult canines and felines until after April 15th.
We will update you on any additional modifications as they are made. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us.
March 19, 2020
We’re celebrating Dental Awareness Year!
To celebrate Dental Awareness Year, we will be holding a raffle to reward those who demonstrate the proper consideration for their pet’s dental needs. This includes meeting one of the three following conditions:
- A prophylactic dental procedure completed between September 31st, 2019 – March 31st, 2020
- A dental diet purchase history during the same timeframe
- Attendance at a free demonstration for at-home dental care with Nicole Keltner, one of our exceptional Dental Technicians.
**Our Dental Technicians will be responsible for entering patients who meet these criteria into the raffle.
The drawing will be held on March 31st, 2020 and will include two canine winners and one feline winner. Our winners will receive a personalized gift package worth $150.